Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fall 2015 Trends: Fall Lookbook

October 18, 2015 7:42PM



Hey Everyone, I'm back with a Fall Lookbook and with some Fall 2015 fashion trends happening now! I'm really excited to share with you all these looks I've put together. I'm loving all the Fall trends and I'm loving these photos because I feel like I look so mature. This might sound weird because people are afraid of aging, but I love looking more mature and older because for so long people mistake me for a high school student. So, for me to look more mature is awesome! By the way, these pictures were all taken by a talented photographer. You can find them on facebook at Love KC Photography. Please, go and check them out because they work so hard and do amazing shoots. I hope you guys enjoy my Fall 2015 Lookbook!




Trend One: Choker

This is probably one of my favorite trends because I love how it makes the whole outfit look more elevated and sophisticated. I think its like a modern and more mature look of the 90's chokers. Chokers have been making a comeback this past summer and I think it's going to transform into the skinny choker or turtleneck necklace. Another similar trend that falls into the skinny choker is the skinny scarf. I've been seeing a lot of stores pick-up the skinny scarf trend, but I think that the skinny choker is something that is super affordable and is a quick diy. It's been all over the runways and has been hitting up the streets. I love the look with a v-neck neckline because it emphasizes the collar bones and gives a more attractive vibe. Instead of wearing it more formal or business like, I decided to wear it more sporty and street like to match my personal style. I actually designed the dress and choker combo in a night because I was feeling really inspired and wanted to share to you guys this trend. I paired the look with my leather jacket, transparent grid socks, and my high top Jordan ones.



Trend Two: Indigenous Influence

This trend is definitely channeling the 70's. The tribal or ethnic trend has been really on the rise these past couple seasons and they have made a run into the 70's. With the rustic colors, suede fabrics, tribal prints, bell shape sleeves, and fringe. These styles were going wild on the runways and are even going wilder in the stores. Although, tribal prints and bright colors aren't my thing, I wore the trend super simple and minimal. You got to stay true to your style, but still be trendy. I bought this vintage accordion pleated Hmong skirt when I went on a trip to Thailand last summer. Probably one of the best things I bought on the entire trip. I wore a black rib knit turtle sweater on top that I bought from Old Navy for only 97 cents (the best 97 cents I've ever spent) and slipped into my black booties I bought from Charlotte Russe. I'm not so big on jewelry, but I decided to put on these amazing earrings I bought at Walmart for only three dollars.



Trend Three: Mixing Textures and Layers

This trend is the most easy and versatile to wear because it's a staple trend that happens every year. I like to play with fabrics and mixing different weights and textures. On the runways, they usually have an over load of layers, but with the right amount of layers and textures you can pull off the look effortlessly. I recently bought this jacket last month from Forever 21 and actually bought a black shearing jacket also because they were having a buy one get one free deal. I've been wanting a shearing jacket in my wardrobe for awhile now and am so excited to wear this jacket this Fall. In this outfit, I wore a basic black tee under my tan shearing jacket and paired it off with my black pu leather skinnies. I like the look of soft textures with more edgy fabrics like leather. To add a pop of color and print I threw over my favorite flowy scarf to create more interest and fluidity. I accessorized with my messenger bag and lace-up black booties. These are probably my most favorite pictures because I look so mature.         



Trend Four: Turtleneck Sweaters

Believe it or not, I was actually pretty on the fence with this trend last year and didn't really like the trend. But I got to say that I love it now. Turtleneck sweaters are super comfy and warm. I like more of the over sized look because the sweater is already so warm that I would just want to wear a pair of leggings under and the sweater has to be long enough to cover my butt and crotch area to be able to wear leggings because legging are NOT pants. Leggings are the one trend that usually makes me go crazy because girls always wear them as pant, when they are clearly NOT pants... Anyways, I thrifted this sweater from Goodwill as well as my black clutch bag. I decided to pair the sweater with a more fitted bottom, so I wore this black lace pencil skirt and slipped on my black booties once again. I accessorized this outfit with a wide brim hat that I bought on eBay for five dollars.

I hope you guys enjoyed my looks and trends and would love to hear your comments on which trends or outfits you liked. You guys should totally try some of these trends out and stay true to your style. Hoping all of you guys are enjoying these Fall trends as much as I do. See ya guys soon. God bless!

Here are some bonus photos from the shoot. Again please check out Love KC Photography. Here are some of their social media sites. Facebook / Blog / Instagram
















No comments:

Post a Comment